THE INDUSTRIAL INTERNET VOCABULARY TECHNICAL REPORT V 2.3
We are pleased to announce version 2.3 of the Industrial Internet Vocabulary Technical Report which specifies a common set of definitions for effective communication within the industrial internet ecosystem.
WHY A NEW VERSION OF THE INDUSTRIAL INTERNET VOCABULARY TECHNICAL REPORT
The Industrial Internet Vocabulary Technical Report was first published in July 2015 and is updated annually. Similar to all Industrial Internet Consortium publications, this report is a living document that will continually represent the latest thinking of the Industrial Internet Consortium and the industrial internet community. This new, September 2020, version of the Industrial Internet Vocabulary Technical Report reflects the following major updates:
- Version 2.3 of the report includes new or updated definitions that enhance Internet of Things (IoT) vocabulary terms, including Internet-of-things, IoT system, and Industrial IoT (IIOT) system
- Other terms with expanded definitions focus on computer networking, including cloud computing, connectivity, endpoint and event
The Industrial Internet Vocabulary Technical Report is a product of the Industrial Internet Consortium Vocabulary Task Group, under the Technology Working Group chaired by Erin Bournival (Dell EMC) and Bob Martin (The MITRE Corporation). Vocabulary Task Group participants represent a broad spectrum of the Industrial Internet Consortium membership and include systems and software architects, business experts, security experts, consultants and participants from many of the other Industrial Internet Consortium working and task groups. The editor of this version was Stephen Mellor (Industrial Internet Consortium). A substantial portion of material content was authored by the following contributing members:
- Claude Baudoin (Industrial Internet Consortium)
- Erin Bournival (Dell Technologies)
- Marcellus Buchheit (Wibu-Systems)
- Ruben Guerrero (Toshiba)
- Eric Simmon (NIST)
Have questions or comments about the Industrial Internet Vocabulary Technical Report or the Industrial Internet Consortium? Email us at [email protected] for a prompt reply.