The Industrial Internet Consortium Steering Committee sets the strategy for IIC working groups and members. Seats are held by Contributing-level members and elected representatives from the membership. The Steering Committee functions like a Board and its role includes, but is not limited to, fiscal oversight, setting up subgroups as appropriate, including but not limited to research selection, testbed creation and defining standards requirements and priorities.
The Steering Committee creates working groups that:
- Consider research proposals and grant funding from government funds
- Prioritize and develop requirements for standards
- Make decisions on publications (white papers, etc.)
- Define and manage the rules
- And other items as required