THE INDUSTRIAL INTERNET CONSORTIUM: A GLOBAL NOT-FOR-PROFIT PARTNERSHIP OF INDUSTRY, GOVERNMENT AND ACADEMIA
The Industrial Internet Consortium, now incorporating OpenFog, was founded in March 2014 to bring together the organizations and technologies necessary to accelerate the growth of the Industrial Internet by identifying, assembling and promoting best practices. Membership includes small and large technology innovators, vertical market leaders, researchers, universities and government organizations.
The Industrial Internet Consortium® (IIC™) and the OpenFog Consortium® (OpenFog) have come together to become the largest and most influential international consortia in Industrial IoT, fog and edge computing. The organizations will work together under the IIC umbrella to drive the momentum of the industrial internet, including the development and promotion of industry guidance and best practices for fog and edge computing.
- Drive innovation through the creation of new industry use cases and testbeds for real-world applications;
- Define and develop the reference architecture and frameworks necessary for interoperability
- Influence the global development standards process for internet and industrial systems;
- Facilitate open forums to share and exchange real-world ideas, practices, lessons, and insights;
- Build confidence around new and innovative approaches to security.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is underway! Listen to a recent podcast to hear what our members have been producing lately – a joint security demonstration, testbeds, publications and more. Explore our infographic to learn more about the potential of the Industrial Revolution.
We are collaborating with Plattform Industrie 4.0 for the benefit of interoperability of systems from the different domains. Click here to learn more about the collaboration for interoperability between Industrial Internet Consortium and Industrie 4.0.
The Industrial Internet Consortium is a trademark of the Object Management Group®, Inc. (OMG®), a not-for-profit 501(c)(6) tax-exempt organization.
Steering Committee Members